- (v. t.) To affect with pain or uneasiness, either physical or mental; to trouble; to be the matter with; -- used to express some uneasiness or affection, whose cause is unknown; as, what ails the man? I know not what ails him.
- (v. i.) To be affected with pain or uneasiness of any sort; to be ill or indisposed or in trouble.
- (n.) Indisposition or morbid affection.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ALI
- The fourth caliph of Islam who is considered to be the first caliph by Shiites; he was a cousin and son-in-law of Muhammad; after his assassination Islam was divided into Shiite and Sunnite sects
- United States prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!