- (a.) Consisting of salt, or containing salt; as, saline particles; saline substances; a saline cathartic.
- (a.) Of the quality of salt; salty; as, a saline taste.
- (a.) A salt spring; a place where salt water is collected in the earth.
- (n.) A crude potash obtained from beet-root residues and other similar sources.
- (n.) A metallic salt; esp., a salt of potassium, sodium, lithium, or magnesium, used in medicine.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ALIENS
- Anyone who does not belong in the environment in which they are found
- Arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness; "She alienated her friends when she became fanatically religious"
- Transfer property or ownership; "The will aliened the property to the heirs"
- A form of life assumed to exist outside the Earth or its atmosphere
- A person who comes from a foreign country; someone who does not owe allegiance to your country