Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ALLOW
- (v. i.) To admit; to concede; to make allowance or abatement.
- (v. t.) To praise; to approve of; hence, to sanction.
- (v. t.) To like; to be suited or pleased with.
- (v. t.) To sanction; to invest; to intrust.
- (v. t.) To grant, give, admit, accord, afford, or yield; to let one have; as, to allow a servant his liberty; to allow a free passage; to allow one day for rest.
- (v. t.) To own or acknowledge; to accept as true; to concede; to accede to an opinion; as, to allow a right; to allow a claim; to allow the truth of a proposition.
- (v. t.) To grant (something) as a deduction or an addition; esp. to abate or deduct; as, to allow a sum for leakage.
- (v. t.) To grant license to; to permit; to consent to; as, to allow a son to be absent.