Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: ALLOWANCES
- The act of allowing; "He objected to the allowance of smoking in the dining room"
- A permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
- An amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit"
- An amount allowed or granted (as during a given period); "travel allowance"; "my weekly allowance of two eggs"; "a child's allowance should not be too generous"
- A sum granted as reimbursement for expenses
- A reserve fund created by a charge against profits in order to provide for changes in the value of a company's assets
- Put on a fixed allowance, as of food