Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ALLOWANCES
- The act of allowing; "He objected to the allowance of smoking in the dining room"
- A permissible difference; allowing some freedom to move within limits
- An amount added or deducted on the basis of qualifying circumstances; "an allowance for profit"
- An amount allowed or granted (as during a given period); "travel allowance"; "my weekly allowance of two eggs"; "a child's allowance should not be too generous"
- A sum granted as reimbursement for expenses
- A reserve fund created by a charge against profits in order to provide for changes in the value of a company's assets
- Put on a fixed allowance, as of food