- (v. t.) Enamel.
- (v. t.) To enamel.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ALME
- (n.) Alt. of Almeh
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An ancient country in southwestern Asia to the east of the Tigris River (in what is modern Iran); was known for its warlike people
- (superl.) Moving with pain or difficulty on account of injury, defect, or temporary obstruction of a function; as, a lame leg, arm, or muscle.
- (superl.) To some degree disabled by reason of the imperfect action of a limb; crippled; as, a lame man.
- (superl.) Hence, hobbling; limping; inefficient; imperfect.
- (v. t.) To make lame.
- (n. & v. i.) See Leme.
- (n.) A cord or strap for leading a dog.
- (a.) Evil; wicked; bad.
- (n.) Same as Mail, a bag.
- (v. t.) Of or pertaining to the sex that begets or procreates young, or (in a wider sense) to the sex that produces spermatozoa, by which the ova are fertilized; not female; as, male organs.
- (v. t.) Capable of producing fertilization, but not of bearing fruit; -- said of stamens and antheridia, and of the plants, or parts of plants, which bear them.
- (v. t.) Suitable to the male sex; characteristic or suggestive of a male; masculine; as, male courage.
- (v. t.) Consisting of males; as, a male choir.
- (v. t.) Adapted for entering another corresponding piece (the female piece) which is hollow and which it fits; as, a male gauge, for gauging the size or shape of a hole; a male screw, etc.
- (n.) An animal of the male sex.
- (n.) A plant bearing only staminate flowers.
- (n.) A part; a fragment; a portion.
- (n.) The portion of food taken at a particular time for the satisfaction of appetite; the quantity usually taken at one time with the purpose of satisfying hunger; a repast; the act or time of eating a meal; as, the traveler has not eaten a good meal for a week; there was silence during the meal.
- (n.) Grain (esp. maize, rye, or oats) that is coarsely ground and unbolted; also, a kind of flour made from beans, pease, etc.; sometimes, any flour, esp. if coarse.
- (n.) Any substance that is coarsely pulverized like meal, but not granulated.
- (v. t.) To sprinkle with, or as with, meal.
- (v. t.) To pulverize; as, mealed powder.