- Warn or arouse to a sense of danger or call to a state of preparedness; "The empty house alarmed him"; "We alerted the new neighbors to the high rate of burglaries"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ALTERED
- (imp. & p. p.) of Alter
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (a.) Inclined to delay; dilatory.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Relate
- (p. p. & a.) Allied by kindred; connected by blood or alliance, particularly by consanguinity; as, persons related in the first or second degree.
- (p. p. & a.) Standing in relation or connection; as, the electric and magnetic forcec are closely related.
- (p. p. & a.) Narrated; told.
- (p. p. & a.) Same as Relative, 4.
- (n.) The part of a foot lathe, or other machine, which is pressed or moved by the foot.
- (n.) The chalaza of a bird's egg; the tread.