Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition for: ALTERNATIVE
- (a.) Offering a choice of two things.
- (a.) Disjunctive; as, an alternative conjunction.
- (a.) Alternate; reciprocal.
- (n.) An offer of two things, one of which may be chosen, but not both; a choice between two things, so that if one is taken, the other must be left.
- (n.) Either of two things or propositions offered to one's choice. Thus when two things offer a choice of one only, the two things are called alternatives.
- (n.) The course of action or the thing offered in place of another.
- (n.) A choice between more than two things; one of several things offered to choose among.