- An imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
- Freedom from normal restraints in conduct; "the new freedom in movies and novels"; "allowed his children considerable latitude in how they spent their money"
- Scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction
- The angular distance between an imaginary line around a heavenly body parallel to its equator and the equator itself
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ALTITUDES
- Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object)
- The perpendicular distance from the base of a geometric figure to the opposite vertex (or side if parallel)
- Elevation especially above sea level or above the earth's surface; "the altitude gave her a headache"