- A separate section of a legal document (as a statute or contract or will)
- One of a class of artifacts; "an article of clothing"
- Nonfictional prose forming an independent part of a publication
- Bind by a contract; especially for a training period
- (grammar) a determiner that may indicate the specificity of reference of a noun phrase
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ALTRICES
- (n. pl.) Nursers, -- a term applied to those birds whose young are hatched in a very immature and helpless condition, so as to require the care of their parents for some time; -- opposed to praecoces.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- A detailed account or description of something; "he was forced to listen to a recital of his many shortcomings"
- A detailed statement giving facts and figures; "his wife gave a recital of his infidelities"
- A public instance of reciting or repeating (from memory) something prepared in advance; "the program included songs and recitations of well-loved poems"
- Performance of music or dance especially by soloists
- The act of giving an account describing incidents or a course of events; "his narration was hesitant"