- (n.) A heavy wooden hammer or beetle.
- (v. t.) To beat and bruise with a heavy stick or cudgel; to wound in a coarse manner.
- (v. t.) To injure greatly; to do much harm to.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ALUM
- (n.) A double sulphate formed of aluminium and some other element (esp. an alkali metal) or of aluminium. It has twenty-four molecules of water of crystallization.
- (v. t.) To steep in, or otherwise impregnate with, a solution of alum; to treat with alum.