- (a.) Of or pertaining to the hand; done or made by the hand; as, manual labor; the king's sign manual.
- (a.) A small book, such as may be carried in the hand, or conveniently handled; a handbook; specifically, the service book of the Roman Catholic Church.
- (a.) A keyboard of an organ or harmonium for the fingers, as distinguished from the pedals; a clavier, or set of keys.
- (a.) A prescribed exercise in the systematic handing of a weapon; as, the manual of arms; the manual of the sword; the manual of the piece (cannon, mortar, etc.).
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ALUMNA
- (n. fem.) A female pupil; especially, a graduate of a school or college.