- (a.) Having life, in opposition to dead; living; being in a state in which the organs perform their functions; as, an animal or a plant which is alive.
- (a.) In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent; as, to keep the fire alive; to keep the affections alive.
- (a.) Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged.
- (a.) Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- (a.) Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- (a.) Of all living (by way of emphasis).
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ALVEI
- (pl.) of Alveus
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.