- (v. t.) To beat or bang.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AMBLE
- (n.) A peculiar gait of a horse, in which both legs on the same side are moved at the same time, alternating with the legs on the other side.
- (n.) A movement like the amble of a horse.
- (v. i.) To go at the easy gait called an amble; -- applied to the horse or to its rider.
- (v. i.) To move somewhat like an ambling horse; to go easily or without hard shocks.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To censure; to express disapprobation of; to find fault with; to reproach.
- (v. t.) To bring reproach upon; to blemish.
- (v.) An expression of disapprobation fir something deemed to be wrong; imputation of fault; censure.
- (v.) That which is deserving of censure or disapprobation; culpability; fault; crime; sin.
- (v.) Hurt; injury.
- Girl's name
- Australian operatic soprano (1861-1931)