- (n.) One who blames.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: AMBLER
- (n.) A horse or a person that ambles.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A massive, compact limestone; a variety of calcite, capable of being polished and used for architectural and ornamental purposes. The color varies from white to black, being sometimes yellow, red, and green, and frequently beautifully veined or clouded. The name is also given to other rocks of like use and appearance, as serpentine or verd antique marble, and less properly to polished porphyry, granite, etc.
- (n.) A thing made of, or resembling, marble, as a work of art, or record, in marble; or, in the plural, a collection of such works; as, the Arundel or Arundelian marbles; the Elgin marbles.
- (n.) A little ball of marble, or of some other hard substance, used as a plaything by children; or, in the plural, a child's game played with marbles.
- (a.) Made of, or resembling, marble; as, a marble mantel; marble paper.
- (a.) Cold; hard; unfeeling; as, a marble breast or heart.
- (n.) To stain or vein like marble; to variegate in color; as, to marble the edges of a book, or the surface of paper.
- (v. i.) To walk, ride, or sail, from place to place, without any determinate object in view; to roam carelessly or irregularly; to rove; to wander; as, to ramble about the city; to ramble over the world.
- (v. i.) To talk or write in a discursive, aimless way.
- (v. i.) To extend or grow at random.
- (n.) A going or moving from place to place without any determinate business or object; an excursion or stroll merely for recreation.
- (n.) A bed of shale over the seam.