Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AMBUSCADE
- (v. i.) To lie in ambush.
- (v. t.) A lying in a wood, concealed, for the purpose of attacking an enemy by surprise. Hence: A lying in wait, and concealed in any situation, for a like purpose; a snare laid for an enemy; an ambush.
- (v. t.) A place in which troops lie hid, to attack an enemy unexpectedly.
- (v. t.) The body of troops lying in ambush.
- (v. t.) To post or conceal in ambush; to ambush.
- (v. t.) To lie in wait for, or to attack from a covert or lurking place; to waylay.