Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AMBUSH
- (v. i.) To lie in wait, for the purpose of attacking by surprise; to lurk.
- (v. t.) A disposition or arrangement of troops for attacking an enemy unexpectedly from a concealed station. Hence: Unseen peril; a device to entrap; a snare.
- (v. t.) A concealed station, where troops or enemies lie in wait to attack by surprise.
- (v. t.) The troops posted in a concealed place, for attacking by surprise; liers in wait.
- (v. t.) To station in ambush with a view to surprise an enemy.
- (v. t.) To attack by ambush; to waylay.