- (v. i.) To make a low prolonged sound of grief or pain, whether articulate or not; to groan softly and continuously.
- (v. i.) To emit a sound like moan; -- said of things inanimate; as, the wind moans.
- (v. t.) To bewail audibly; to lament.
- (v. t.) To afflict; to distress.
- (v. i.) A low prolonged sound, articulate or not, indicative of pain or of grief; a low groan.
- (v. i.) A low mournful or murmuring sound; -- of things.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: AMON
- A primeval Egyptian personification of air and breath; worshipped especially at Thebes
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A small, handsome, long-tailed West American monkey (Cercopithecus mona). The body is dark olive, with a spot of white on the haunches.
- (adv.) No more.
- (n.) See Canker, n., 1.
- A strategically located monarchy on the southern and eastern coasts of the Arabian Peninsula; the economy is dominated by oil