- (v. t.) To take to or upon one's self; to take formally and demonstratively; sometimes, to appropriate or take unjustly.
- (v. t.) To take for granted, or without proof; to suppose as a fact; to suppose or take arbitrarily or tentatively.
- (v. t.) To pretend to possess; to take in appearance.
- (v. t.) To receive or adopt.
- (v. i.) To be arrogant or pretentious; to claim more than is due.
- (v. i.) To undertake, as by a promise.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: AMUSES
- Make (somebody) laugh; "The clown amused the children"
- Occupy in an agreeable, entertaining or pleasant fashion; "The play amused the ladies"
- Entertain (with)