Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ANCHORAGE
- (n.) The act of anchoring, or the condition of lying at anchor.
- (n.) A place suitable for anchoring or where ships anchor; a hold for an anchor.
- (n.) The set of anchors belonging to a ship.
- (n.) Something which holds like an anchor; a hold; as, the anchorages of the Brooklyn Bridge.
- (n.) Something on which one may depend for security; ground of trust.
- (n.) A toll for anchoring; anchorage duties.
- (n.) Abode of an anchoret.