- Showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others; "a cagey lawyer"; "too clever to be sound"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ANCIENTS
- A person who lived in ancient times
- A very old person
- People who lived in times long past (especially during the historical period before the fall of the Roman Empire in western Europe)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The act or quality of being instant or pressing; urgency; solicitation; application; suggestion; motion.
- (n.) That which is instant or urgent; motive.
- (n.) Occasion; order of occurrence.
- (n.) That which offers itself or is offered as an illustrative case; something cited in proof or exemplification; a case occurring; an example.
- (n.) A token; a sign; a symptom or indication.
- (v. t.) To mention as a case or example; to refer to; to cite; as, to instance a fact.
- (v. i.) To give an example.