- (superl.) Free from dirt or filth; as, clean clothes.
- (superl.) Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects; as, clean land; clean timber.
- (superl.) Free from awkwardness; not bungling; adroit; dexterous; as, aclean trick; a clean leap over a fence.
- (superl.) Free from errors and vulgarisms; as, a clean style.
- (superl.) Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.
- (superl.) Free from moral defilement; sinless; pure.
- (superl.) Free from ceremonial defilement.
- (superl.) Free from that which is corrupting to the morals; pure in tone; healthy.
- (superl.) Well-proportioned; shapely; as, clean limbs.
- (adv.) Without limitation or remainder; quite; perfectly; wholly; entirely.
- (adv.) Without miscarriage; not bunglingly; dexterously.
- (a.) To render clean; to free from whatever is foul, offensive, or extraneous; to purify; to cleanse.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ANCLE
- (n.) See Ankle.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A weapon of war, consisting of a long shaft or handle and a steel blade or head; a spear carried by horsemen, and often decorated with a small flag; also, a spear or harpoon used by whalers and fishermen.
- (n.) A soldier armed with a lance; a lancer.
- (n.) A small iron rod which suspends the core of the mold in casting a shell.
- (n.) An instrument which conveys the charge of a piece of ordnance and forces it home.
- (n.) One of the small paper cases filled with combustible composition, which mark the outlines of a figure.
- (v. t.) To pierce with a lance, or with any similar weapon.
- (v. t.) To open with a lancet; to pierce; as, to lance a vein or an abscess.
- (v. t.) To throw in the manner of a lance. See Lanch.