- (n.) A title of honor equivalent to master, or sir.
- (n.) A small truck or sledge used in coal mines.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: AND
- (conj.) A particle which expresses the relation of connection or addition. It is used to conjoin a word with a word, a clause with a clause, or a sentence with a sentence.
- (conj.) In order to; -- used instead of the infinitival to, especially after try, come, go.
- (conj.) It is sometimes, in old songs, a mere expletive.
- (conj.) If; though. See An, conj.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (biochemistry) a long linear polymer found in the nucleus of a cell and formed from nucleotides and shaped like a double helix; associated with the transmission of genetic information; "DNA is the king of molecules"
- Alt. of Nadde