Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ANGLOSAXON
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Anglo-Saxons or their language.
- (n.) A Saxon of Britain, that is, an English Saxon, or one the Saxons who settled in England, as distinguished from a continental (or "Old") Saxon.
- (n.) The Teutonic people (Angles, Saxons, Jutes) of England, or the English people, collectively, before the Norman Conquest.
- (n.) The language of the English people before the Conquest (sometimes called Old English). See Saxon.
- (n.) One of the race or people who claim descent from the Saxons, Angles, or other Teutonic tribes who settled in England; a person of English descent in its broadest sense.