- (a.) Not belonging to the same country, land, or government, or to the citizens or subjects thereof; foreign; as, alien subjects, enemies, property, shores.
- (a.) Wholly different in nature; foreign; adverse; inconsistent (with); incongruous; -- followed by from or sometimes by to; as, principles alien from our religion.
- (n.) A foreigner; one owing allegiance, or belonging, to another country; a foreign-born resident of a country in which he does not possess the privileges of a citizen. Hence, a stranger. See Alienage.
- (n.) One excluded from certain privileges; one alienated or estranged; as, aliens from God's mercies.
- (v. t.) To alienate; to estrange; to transfer, as property or ownership.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (v. t.) To range or place in a line; to bring into line; to align.
- (a.) Old-womanish; imbecile.
- (n.) Same as Olein.
- (n.) Alt. of Liana