- (a.) Inborn; native; natural; as, innate vigor; innate eloquence.
- (a.) Originating in, or derived from, the constitution of the intellect, as opposed to acquired from experience; as, innate ideas. See A priori, Intuitive.
- (a.) Joined by the base to the very tip of a filament; as, an innate anther.
- (v. t.) To cause to exit; to call into being.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ANIENT
- (v. t.) Alt. of Anientise
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) Any species of Tinea, or of the family Tineidae, which includes numerous small moths, many of which are injurious to woolen and fur goods and to cultivated plants. Also used adjectively.