- A thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
- Complete a pass
- Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
- Take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
- A former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
- Attach something somewhere by means of nails; "nail the board onto the wall"
- Hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
- Locate exactly; "can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?"; "The chemists could not nail the identity of the chromosome"
- Succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
- Succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ANILS
- Shrub of West Indies and South America that is a source of indigo dye
- A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (p. p.) of Slay
- (n.) Any one of numerous species of terrestrial air-breathing gastropods belonging to the genus Helix and many allied genera of the family Helicidae. They are abundant in nearly all parts of the world except the arctic regions, and feed almost entirely on vegetation; a land snail.
- (n.) Any gastropod having a general resemblance to the true snails, including fresh-water and marine species. See Pond snail, under Pond, and Sea snail.
- (n.) Hence, a drone; a slow-moving person or thing.
- (n.) A spiral cam, or a flat piece of metal of spirally curved outline, used for giving motion to, or changing the position of, another part, as the hammer tail of a striking clock.
- (n.) A tortoise; in ancient warfare, a movable roof or shed to protect besiegers; a testudo.
- (n.) The pod of the sanil clover.