- (n.) Alt. of Alman
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ANIMAL
- (a.) Of or relating to animals; as, animal functions.
- (a.) Pertaining to the merely sentient part of a creature, as distinguished from the intellectual, rational, or spiritual part; as, the animal passions or appetites.
- (a.) Consisting of the flesh of animals; as, animal food.
- (n.) An organized living being endowed with sensation and the power of voluntary motion, and also characterized by taking its food into an internal cavity or stomach for digestion; by giving carbonic acid to the air and taking oxygen in the process of respiration; and by increasing in motive power or active aggressive force with progress to maturity.
- (n.) One of the lower animals; a brute or beast, as distinguished from man; as, men and animals.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A thin plate or scale; a layer or coat lying over another; -- said of thin plates or platelike substances, as of bone or minerals.
- (n.) The blade of a leaf; the broad, expanded portion of a petal or sepal of a flower.
- (n.) A thin plate or scale; specif., one of the thin, flat processes composing the vane of a feather.
- (n.) The sparrow hawk.
- (n.) The kestrel.
- Of or relating to or characteristic of Mali or its people; "Malian deserts"
- A native or inhabitant of Mali
- (a.) Alt. of Manilla