- (n.) A part, or division, of the people of the earth, distinguished from the rest by common descent, language, or institutions; a race; a stock.
- (n.) The body of inhabitants of a country, united under an independent government of their own.
- (n.) Family; lineage.
- (n.) One of the divisions of university students in a classification according to nativity, formerly common in Europe.
- (n.) One of the four divisions (named from the parts of Scotland) in which students were classified according to their nativity.
- (n.) A great number; a great deal; -- by way of emphasis; as, a nation of herbs.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ANOINT
- (p. p.) Anointed.
- (v. t.) To smear or rub over with oil or an unctuous substance; also, to spread over, as oil.
- (v. t.) To apply oil to or to pour oil upon, etc., as a sacred rite, especially for consecration.