- (law) an increase in a beneficiary's share in an estate (as when a co-beneficiary dies or fails to meet some condition or rejects the inheritance)
- An increase by natural growth or addition
- (geology) an increase in land resulting from alluvial deposits or waterborne sediment
- (biology) growth by addition as by the adhesion of parts or particles
- (astronomy) the formation of a celestial object by the effect of gravity pulling together surrounding objects and gases
- Something contributing to growth or increase; "he scraped away the accretions of paint"; "the central city surrounded by recent accretions"
- Any gradual increase in size as through growth or external addition.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definition of: ANORECTICS
- A person suffering from anorexia nervosa