- (n.) The condition of being stagnant; cessation of flowing or circulation, as of a fluid; the state of being motionless; as, the stagnation of the blood; the stagnation of water or air; the stagnation of vapors.
- (n.) The cessation of action, or of brisk action; the state of being dull; as, the stagnation of business.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ANTAGONIST
- (a.) Antagonistic; opposing; counteracting; as, antagonist schools of philosophy.
- (n.) One who contends with another, especially in combat; an adversary; an opponent.
- (n.) A muscle which acts in opposition to another; as a flexor, which bends a part, is the antagonist of an extensor, which extends it.
- (n.) A medicine which opposes the action of another medicine or of a poison when absorbed into the blood or tissues.