- (n.) The condition of being stagnant; cessation of flowing or circulation, as of a fluid; the state of being motionless; as, the stagnation of the blood; the stagnation of water or air; the stagnation of vapors.
- (n.) The cessation of action, or of brisk action; the state of being dull; as, the stagnation of business.
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
Definitions for: ANTAGONIST
- (a.) Antagonistic; opposing; counteracting; as, antagonist schools of philosophy.
- (n.) One who contends with another, especially in combat; an adversary; an opponent.
- (n.) A muscle which acts in opposition to another; as a flexor, which bends a part, is the antagonist of an extensor, which extends it.
- (n.) A medicine which opposes the action of another medicine or of a poison when absorbed into the blood or tissues.