- (n.) A Cossack headman or general. The title of chief hetman is now held by the heir to the throne of Russia.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ANTHEM
- (n.) Formerly, a hymn sung in alternate parts, in present usage, a selection from the Psalms, or other parts of the Scriptures or the liturgy, set to sacred music.
- (n.) A song or hymn of praise.
- (v. t.) To celebrate with anthems.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A widely distributed genus of fragrant herbs, including the peppermint, spearmint, etc. The plants have small flowers, usually arranged in dense axillary clusters.