- The public sale of something to the highest bidder
- A variety of bridge in which tricks made in excess of the contract are scored toward game; now generally superseded by contract bridge
- Sell at an auction
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ANTICOUS
- (a.) Facing toward the axis of the flower, as in the introrse anthers of the water lily.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- Warn strongly; put on guard
- The trait of being cautious; being attentive to possible danger; "a man of caution"
- The trait of being circumspect and prudent
- Judiciousness in avoiding harm or danger; "he exercised caution in opening the door"; "he handled the vase with care"
- A warning against certain acts; "a caveat against unfair practices"