- (v. t.) To set a term or limit to; to form the extreme point or side of; to bound; to limit; as, to terminate a surface by a line.
- (v. t.) To put an end to; to make to cease; as, to terminate an effort, or a controversy.
- (v. t.) Hence, to put the finishing touch to; to bring to completion; to perfect.
- (v. i.) To be limited in space by a point, line, or surface; to stop short; to end; to cease; as, the torrid zone terminates at the tropics.
- (v. i.) To come to a limit in time; to end; to close.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ANTIMETER
- (n.) A modification of the quadrant, for measuring small angles.