- (n.) A person sanctified; a holy or godly person; one eminent for piety and virtue; any true Christian, as being redeemed and consecrated to God.
- (n.) One of the blessed in heaven.
- (n.) One canonized by the church.
- (v. t.) To make a saint of; to enroll among the saints by an offical act, as of the pope; to canonize; to give the title or reputation of a saint to (some one).
- (v. i.) To act or live as a saint.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: ANTIS
- A person who is opposed (to an action or policy or practice etc.); "the antis smelled victory after a long battle"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A silk cloth, of a thick, close texture, and overshot woof, which has a glossy surface.
- (v. t.) To discolor by the application of foreign matter; to make foul; to spot; as, to stain the hand with dye; armor stained with blood.
- (v. t.) To color, as wood, glass, paper, cloth, or the like, by processess affecting, chemically or otherwise, the material itself; to tinge with a color or colors combining with, or penetrating, the substance; to dye; as, to stain wood with acids, colored washes, paint rubbed in, etc.; to stain glass.
- (v. t.) To spot with guilt or infamy; to bring reproach on; to blot; to soil; to tarnish.
- (v. t.) To cause to seem inferior or soiled by comparison.
- (v. i.) To give or receive a stain; to grow dim.
- (n.) A discoloration by foreign matter; a spot; as, a stain on a garment or cloth.
- (n.) A natural spot of a color different from the gound.
- (n.) Taint of guilt; tarnish; disgrace; reproach.
- (n.) Cause of reproach; shame.
- (n.) A tincture; a tinge.
- (n.) A sty on the eye. See Styan.