- A person who lived in ancient times
- A very old person
- People who lived in times long past (especially during the historical period before the fall of the Roman Empire in western Europe)
Stuck on a crossword puzzle or Wordle answer?
Enter the word you are trying to solve in the box below, using question marks in place of the letter(s) you don't know.
New! You can also search for definitions and anagrams by typing in a word without any question marks.
- Showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others; "a cagey lawyer"; "too clever to be sound"
- (n.) The act or quality of being instant or pressing; urgency; solicitation; application; suggestion; motion.
- (n.) That which is instant or urgent; motive.
- (n.) Occasion; order of occurrence.
- (n.) That which offers itself or is offered as an illustrative case; something cited in proof or exemplification; a case occurring; an example.
- (n.) A token; a sign; a symptom or indication.
- (v. t.) To mention as a case or example; to refer to; to cite; as, to instance a fact.
- (v. i.) To give an example.