- (superl.) Offensively filthy; very dirty, foul, or defiled; disgusting; nauseous.
- (superl.) Hence, loosely: Offensive; disagreeable; unpropitious; wet; drizzling; as, a nasty rain, day, sky.
- (superl.) Characterized by obcenity; indecent; indelicate; gross; filthy.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: ANTSY
- Nervous and unable to relax; "a constant fretful stamping of hooves"; "a restless child"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) See Sty, a boil.
- (n.) Any plant of the composite genus Tanacetum. The common tansy (T. vulgare) has finely divided leaves, a strong aromatic odor, and a very bitter taste. It is used for medicinal and culinary purposes.
- (n.) A dish common in the seventeenth century, made of eggs, sugar, rose water, cream, and the juice of herbs, baked with butter in a shallow dish.