- A former province of northern France near the English Channel (between Picardy and Flanders)
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: AORIST
- (n.) A tense in the Greek language, which expresses an action as completed in past time, but leaves it, in other respects, wholly indeterminate.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- The relation between things (or parts of things) with respect to their comparative quantity, magnitude, or degree; "an inordinate proportion of the book is given over to quotations"; "a dry martini has a large proportion of gin"
- The relative magnitudes of two quantities (usually expressed as a quotient)
- (Zen Buddhism) a state of sudden spiritual enlightenment