- (interj.) Stand off, or begone.
- (v. t.) To drive or scare off by some exclamation.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A fixed daily allowance of provisions assigned to a soldier in the army, or a sailor in the navy, for his subsistence.
- (n.) Hence, a certain portion or fixed amount dealt out; an allowance; an allotment.
- (v. t.) To supply with rations, as a regiment.