- An independent federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: APE
- (n.) A quadrumanous mammal, esp. of the family Simiadae, having teeth of the same number and form as in man, and possessing neither a tail nor cheek pouches. The name is applied esp. to species of the genus Hylobates, and is sometimes used as a general term for all Quadrumana. The higher forms, the gorilla, chimpanzee, and ourang, are often called anthropoid apes or man apes.
- (n.) One who imitates servilely (in allusion to the manners of the ape); a mimic.
- (n.) A dupe.
- (v. t.) To mimic, as an ape imitates human actions; to imitate or follow servilely or irrationally.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) The sliding weight on a steelyard.
- (n.) See Peak, n., 3.
- (n.) A plant, and its fruit, of the genus Pisum, of many varieties, much cultivated for food. It has a papilionaceous flower, and the pericarp is a legume, popularly called a pod.
- (n.) A name given, especially in the Southern States, to the seed of several leguminous plants (species of Dolichos, Cicer, Abrus, etc.) esp. those having a scar (hilum) of a different color from the rest of the seed.