- (n.) One who pays; specifically, the person by whom a bill or note has been, or should be, paid.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: APERY
- (n.) A place where apes are kept.
- (n.) The practice of aping; an apish action.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- United States Arctic explorer and United States naval officer who has been regarded as the first man to reach the North Pole (1856-1920)
- (v. t.) To pay back; to refund; as, to repay money borrowed or advanced.
- (v. t.) To make return or requital for; to recompense; -- in a good or bad sense; as, to repay kindness; to repay an injury.
- (v. t.) To pay anew, or a second time, as a debt.