- (n.) A projecting part of a building, esp. of a church, having in the plan a polygonal or semicircular termination, and, most often, projecting from the east end. In early churches the Eastern apse was occupied by seats for the bishop and clergy.
- (n.) The bishop's seat or throne, in ancient churches.
- (n.) A reliquary, or case in which the relics of saints were kept.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: APES
- Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all
- Person who resembles a nonhuman primate
- Someone who copies the words or behavior of another
- Represent in or produce a caricature of; "The drawing caricatured the President"
- Imitate uncritically and in every aspect; "Her little brother apes her behavior"
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (pl.) of Pea
- (v. i.) To foretell; to divine.