Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: APPEAR
- (n.) Appearance.
- (v. i.) To come or be in sight; to be in view; to become visible.
- (v. i.) To come before the public; as, a great writer appeared at that time.
- (v. i.) To stand in presence of some authority, tribunal, or superior person, to answer a charge, plead a cause, or the like; to present one's self as a party or advocate before a court, or as a person to be tried.
- (v. i.) To become visible to the apprehension of the mind; to be known as a subject of observation or comprehension, or as a thing proved; to be obvious or manifest.
- (v. i.) To seem; to have a certain semblance; to look.