Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: APPLE
- (n.) The fleshy pome or fruit of a rosaceous tree (Pyrus malus) cultivated in numberless varieties in the temperate zones.
- (n.) Any tree genus Pyrus which has the stalk sunken into the base of the fruit; an apple tree.
- (n.) Any fruit or other vegetable production resembling, or supposed to resemble, the apple; as, apple of love, or love apple (a tomato), balsam apple, egg apple, oak apple.
- (n.) Anything round like an apple; as, an apple of gold.
- (v. i.) To grow like an apple; to bear apples.