Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions for: APPROACHES
- Move towards; "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- Begin to deal with; "approach a task"; "go about a difficult problem"; "approach a new project"
- Come near or verge on, resemble, come nearer in quality, or character; "This borders on discrimination!"; "His playing approaches that of Horowitz"
- The act of drawing spatially closer to something; "the hunter's approach scattered the geese"
- A relatively short golf shot intended to put the ball onto the putting green; "he lost the hole when his approach rolled over the green"
- Ideas or actions intended to deal with a problem or situation; "his approach to every problem is to draw up a list of pros and cons"; "an attack on inflation"; "his plan of attack was misguided"
- A way of entering or leaving; "he took a wrong turn on the access to the bridge"
- A close approximation; "the nearest approach to genius"