Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition of: APRON
- (n.) An article of dress, of cloth, leather, or other stuff, worn on the fore part of the body, to keep the clothes clean, to defend them from injury, or as a covering. It is commonly tied at the waist by strings.
- (n.) Something which by its shape or use suggests an apron;
- (n.) The fat skin covering the belly of a goose or duck.
- (n.) A piece of leather, or other material, to be spread before a person riding on an outside seat of a vehicle, to defend him from the rain, snow, or dust; a boot.
- (n.) A leaden plate that covers the vent of a cannon.
- (n.) A piece of carved timber, just above the foremost end of the keel.
- (n.) A platform, or flooring of plank, at the entrance of a dock, against which the dock gates are shut.
- (n.) A flooring of plank before a dam to cause the water to make a gradual descent.
- (n.) The piece that holds the cutting tool of a planer.
- (n.) A strip of lead which leads the drip of a wall into a gutter; a flashing.
- (n.) The infolded abdomen of a crab.