- (a.) See Patte.
- (n.) A pie. See Patty.
- (n.) A kind of platform with a parapet, usually of an oval form, and generally erected in marshy grounds to cover a gate of a fortified place.
- (n.) The head of a person; the top, or crown, of the head.
- (n.) The skin of a calf's head.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A small person; a pet; -- sometimes used contemptuously.
- (n.) A substance of vegetable origin, consisting of roots and fibers, moss, etc., in various stages of decomposition, and found, as a kind of turf or bog, usually in low situations, where it is always more or less saturated with water. It is often dried and used for fuel.
- (n.) A narrow fillet or band of cotton or linen; a narrow woven fabric used for strings and the like; as, curtains tied with tape.
- (n.) A tapeline; also, a metallic ribbon so marked as to serve as a tapeline; as, a steel tape.