- A block of solid substance (such as soap or wax); "a bar of chocolate"
- A narrow marking of a different color or texture from the background; "a green toad with small black stripes or bars"; "may the Stars and Stripes forever wave"
- Musical notation for a repeating pattern of musical beats; "the orchestra omitted the last twelve bars of the song"
- Prevent from entering; keep out; "He was barred from membership in the club"
- The body of individuals qualified to practice law in a particular jurisdiction; "he was admitted to the bar in New Jersey"
- Secure with, or as if with, bars; "He barred the door"
- A submerged (or partly submerged) ridge in a river or along a shore; "the boat ran aground on a submerged bar in the river"
- (meteorology) a unit of pressure equal to a million dynes per square centimeter; "unfortunately some writers have used bar for one dyne per square centimeter"
- Expel, as if by official d
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ARBS
- Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential)
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts