- (n.) A small vehicle moved on wheels; usually, one having but two wheels and drawn by one horse; a cart.
- (n.) A vehicle adapted to the rails of a railroad.
- (n.) A chariot of war or of triumph; a vehicle of splendor, dignity, or solemnity.
- (n.) The stars also called Charles's Wain, the Great Bear, or the Dipper.
- (n.) The cage of a lift or elevator.
- (n.) The basket, box, or cage suspended from a balloon to contain passengers, ballast, etc.
- (n.) A floating perforated box for living fish.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definitions of: ARC
- (n.) A portion of a curved line; as, the arc of a circle or of an ellipse.
- (n.) A curvature in the shape of a circular arc or an arch; as, the colored arc (the rainbow); the arc of Hadley's quadrant.
- (n.) An arch.
- (n.) The apparent arc described, above or below the horizon, by the sun or other celestial body. The diurnal arc is described during the daytime, the nocturnal arc during the night.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!