- (n.) One who or that which chases; a pursuer; a driver; a hunter.
- (n.) Same as Chase gun, esp. in terms bow chaser and stern chaser. See under Bow, Stern.
- (n.) One who chases or engraves. See 5th Chase, and Enchase.
- (n.) A tool with several points, used for cutting or finishing screw threads, either external or internal, on work revolving in a lathe.
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ARCHES
- Pl. of Arch, n.
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A dry slough, crust, or scab, which separates from the healthy part of the body, as that produced by a burn, or the application of caustics.
- (n.) In Ireland, one of the continuous mounds or ridges of gravelly and sandy drift which extend for many miles over the surface of the country. Similar ridges in Scotland are called kames or kams.
- (v. t.) To look over or through, for the purpose of finding something; to examine; to explore; as, to search the city.
- (v. t.) To inquire after; to look for; to seek.
- (v. t.) To examine or explore by feeling with an instrument; to probe; as, to search a wound.
- (v. t.) To examine; to try; to put to the test.
- (v. i.) To seek; to look for something; to make inquiry, exploration, or examination; to hunt.
- (v. t.) The act of seeking or looking for something; quest; inquiry; pursuit for finding something; examination.