- A conveyance for passengers or freight on a cable railway; "they took a cable car to the top of the mountain"
- A motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine; "he needs a car to get to work"
- A wheeled vehicle adapted to the rails of railroad; "three cars had jumped the rails"
- Where passengers ride up and down; "the car was on the top floor"
- The compartment that is suspended from an airship and that carries personnel and the cargo and the power plant
Click or tap here to find out how this works
Tip: insert a question mark by pressing your spacebar.
Definition for: ARCS
- Form an arch or curve; "her back arches"; "her hips curve nicely"
- Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field
- A continuous portion of a circle
- Something curved in shape
Tip: click or tap on an item to view its definition, and more!
- (n.) A mark in the skin or flesh of an animal, made by a wound or ulcer, and remaining after the wound or ulcer is healed; a cicatrix; a mark left by a previous injury; a blemish; a disfigurement.
- (n.) A mark left upon a stem or branch by the fall of a leaf, leaflet, or frond, or upon a seed by the separation of its support. See Illust.. under Axillary.
- (v. t.) To mark with a scar or scars.
- (v. i.) To form a scar.
- (n.) An isolated or protruding rock; a steep, rocky eminence; a bare place on the side of a mountain or steep bank of earth.
- (n.) A marine food fish, the scarus, or parrot fish.